Give the gift of Bonsai and treat your loved one to a Yugen gift card!
The perfect way of taking the guesswork out of gifting and treating someone special to a present of their choosing. With our gift cards, your loved one can hand-pick their favourite items from our store, whether it’s that seed collection they’ve had their eye on, a pair of pruning scissors to complete their tool set or a Bonsai pot to keep their beloved tree. Gift cards are just as thoughtful as physical presents and they’ll appreciate the freedom to choose what they really want.
Our gift cards are suitable for all occasions and can be sent directly to the recipient within minutes or schedule for a specific date. Their balance can spent instantly online!
Last updated: 18 July 2020
1. These terms and conditions tell you about the legal terms and conditions which apply to your purchase and use of physical and digital Yugen Bonsai gift cards.
2. These gift card terms apply to pounds sterling gift cards purchased online through the Yugen Bonsai website (www.yugenbonsai.com).
3. Yugen Bonsai reserves the right to update and change the terms and conditions of our Yugen Bonsai gift cards at any time. This does not affect your legal rights. Use of your Yugen Bonsai gift card constitutes acceptance of our Terms and Conditions and we therefore recommend you read them carefully. It is your responsibility to check these gift card terms from time to time to ensure you are aware of any changes which may have been made. Yugen Bonsai gift cards remain the property of Yugen Bonsai who maintains the right to cancel the card in its sole discretion in situations where it is deemed necessary to do so (such as to comply with applicable laws or as a result of circumstances beyond its control).
4. The value of your Yugen Bonsai gift card can be redeemed online at www.yugenbonsai.com or www.yugenbonsai.co.uk provided the gift card is redeemed within the redemption period applicable to the jurisdiction where the gift card was originally purchased.
By way of example, a Yugen Bonsai gift card purchased in the UK shall have a redemption period of 12 months from the date of issue.
Should you choose to use your Yugen Bonsai gift card outside of the country it was purchased in, you will be responsible for any foreign exchange rates, applicable on the date of the transaction/s performed. Please note any redemptions, balance enquiries, top-ups and balance transfers will be reflected in the currency applicable to the country you are using it in. By way of example, if you topped up your UK gift card with €10 and subsequently wished to use your gift card in the UK, the balance will show in GBP, calculated based on the exchange rate on the date of your purchase.
5. The gift card balance cannot be exchanged for cash or redeemed against the purchase of another card.
6. The maximum amount that an individual Yugen Bonsai gift card can hold is £2500.00; this limit cannot be exceeded by performing balance transfers. For gift cards purchased online, Yugen Bonsai will provide you with specific denominations to choose from; in-store, you can select any amount to load on to your gift card.
7. You can Top-Up or perform a Balance enquiry via our website.
8. Your Yugen Bonsai gift card is valid for a period of 12 months from the date of activation (which for online purchases is the date of dispatch of your order) following which they expire automatically. A gift card cannot be used after the expiry date and any remaining balance will be removed and the card will become invalid and no longer available for use. We have no obligation to remind or inform you of a gift card’s expiry and it is your sole responsibility to ensure that any balance is used in full prior to expiry.
9. A Gift Card expires automatically once its balance has been exhausted. A Gift Card may be topped up with additional funds provided the gift card is still valid and has not yet expired.
10. Gift Cards may be used to pay for the whole or any part of an online order.
11. Only one gift card may be used per online order.
Lost / Stolen gift card
12. You are solely responsible for the safe keeping and security of your gift card details following delivery. In cases where your Yugen Bonsai gift card details are lost, Yugen Bonsai is unable to replace or reimburse the remaining balance on a card. Yugen Bonsai cannot be held responsible for the any balance lost on a Yugen Bonsai gift card as a result of theft or fraud. Yugen Bonsai cannot be held responsible for any unauthorised use where the card number and/ or PIN have become known to another party.
Crediting a Yugen Bonsai gift card
13. Please retain an expired gift card should you wish to return your purchase. Any goods paid for using a gift card that are subsequently returned for a refund will be credited to the original gift card or in the event that you have discarded or misplaced your original card, issued on a new Yugen Bonsai gift card. For returns where part payment was taken from a gift card, the refund will be credited to your gift card in the first instance.
14. If a partial refund is made for any purchase using a Yugen Bonsai gift card and another method of payment, then any refund amount owing will be credited to the Yugen Bonsai gift card in the first instance.
15. If the total to be refunded is more than originally paid by Yugen Bonsai gift card, then any remaining refund balance will be refunded to the other method of payment used by you (i.e. debit/credit card or PayPal).
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
17. These conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. You agree, as we do, to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.