We are donating a can of food to a UK food bank for every packet of seeds sold. Help us support the local community in this time of need with Coronavirus!
Discover the beauty and art of Bonsai
We are offering you five iconic and classic Bonsai tree seeds, to get you started on your Bonsai journey. Get your hands dirty and begin growing your dream Bonsai trees to add some beautiful green space to your home. This collection is perfect for Bonsai beginners and enthusiasts.
Bonsai trees add a calm presence to a home or could feature as a centrepiece for an urban garden. The trees are the perfect size for an ever-growing urban city. It’s so important to have green spaces inside your home and a Bonsai is the perfect way to do this.
– The Korean Hornbeam is a strong looking tree with dark, flaky bark and dark green needles. These seeds produce an illusion of an old tree and a natural forest look. The leaves turn yellows, oranges, or reds, and sometimes will even turn two different colours on either side of the vein on the same leaf.
– The Dwarf Umbrella has the ability to grow aerial roots adding more character to the Bonsai. This tree does not produce hardwood or rough bark, creating an elegant and delicate look.
– A very popular bonsai, the Common Boxwood is extremely well-suited for Bonsai cultivation and can be designed into multiple styles. The natural form is easy to twist and shape into the stunning living statue from your dreams.
– Often considered to be Scotland’s national tree, the Scots Pine is perfect for Bonsai beginners as they assume any shape you choose to wire the branches, all whilst keeping it’s majestic canopy. The well-mannered and easy-to-please tree will grow to your desired shape without giving you grief.
– A popular Bonsai amongst beginners, the Banyan Fig is a resilient tree that will respond to severe reduction and hard pruning. The horizontal branches form roots that reach down to the ground creating a forest of their own.